Celery, Apple and Walnut Salad
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
For the Salad
- 1 baby Cos, cut in half longways, then cut into strips
- 4 celery stalks with the greens, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 2 apples, cut into matchsticks
- Make the vinaigrette by combining your ingredients in a small jar or container. Shake until well combined.
- Place all of your salad ingredients in a large serving bowl or plate. Gently toss to combine.
- Add your apples to salad right before serving.
The vinaigrette and salad can be prepped ahead and kept in the refrigerator minus the apple. Slice up your apple and add to your salad right before you're ready to serve. To prevent apples from browning (it's hard to avoid!), toss the apples in a bit of lemon juice before adding to your salad.