- 1 kg gramma peeled seeded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon juiced zested
- 1 tbs sultanas
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- Peel gramma, discard seeds then chop into pieces.
- Place gramma in a saucepan with a little water and gently simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
- Drain in a sieve until cold, pressing lightly to extract as much of the liquid as possible.
- Transfer gramma into a bowl, add sugar and juice, plus rind of the lemon.
- Add sultanas, golden syrup and mixed spice.
- Refrigerate until ready to make the pie.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Sift the flours with salt into a bowl, then rub in butter.
- Beat the egg with sugar and add to the flour and mix quickly by hand into a dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out ¾ of the pastry to fit a 20 cm pie plate.
- Fill the pastry-lined pie plate with the pumpkin mixture.
- Wet the edges then roll out remaining pastry and place on top of the pie, trimming away any excess and press edges to seal with a fork.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with a little extra sugar.
- Bake for approximately one hour or until golden and filling is cooked through.
When you've added something, it will appear here. To see everything in your
trolley, use the Review Order & Checkout button.